More for your $$
Short commute times
Newer, nicer, larger
Cities east of Toronto bring a lot to the table, especially if you have kids and work in the city. Let’s face it, commuting is a time and energy sucker! In the east, you can minimize your commute while still enjoying a great family life in a space that big enough for your family to grow up in.
Whether you’re considering as near as Scarborough or as far as Newcastle or points in between, we have APM-approved professionals to help you find the perfect home.
14 Reasons You’ll Love Living East of Toronto
- Avoid the municipal land transfer tax when buying in the GTA.
- Quiet, well-maintained neighbourhoods to enjoy and raise a family.
- Median commute time for Durham residents is 30 minutes!
- Excellent access to GO Transit means an easy, no-drive commute to downtown Toronto. Families may only need one car!
- Many areas offer easy accessibility to major highways including Hwy 401, the 407, 404/Don Valley Parkway and Highway 7.
- Larger homes at a significantly lower price point (with backyards big enough for your kids to play in!)
- A choice of beautiful towns and neighbourhoods full of character and flair.
- School programs for kids that aren’t available in Toronto.
- Many schools have higher Fraser Institute rankings than can be found in comparable schools in Toronto.
- Better parks and public spaces that are often larger, newer and less crowded that what can be found in Toronto.
- Less crowded! (Durham has less than 700,000 people in approximately 2,500 km2. In comparison, Toronto has about 2.79 million people within 630 km2.)
- Feel well taken care of. There are 871 police officers, 27 fire stations and 7 hospitals in Durham alone!
- Shop! Shop! Shop! Lots of retail therapy to be found, including Scarborough Town Centre (one of the top 10 largest enclosed malls in Canada).
- Income potential! Many homes in the East are equipped with apartment-style, finished basements that have their own entrance.
Why People Like Using Agent-Proof Me
- Toni Chähley
July 13, 2016
This is a fantastic company that connects buyers and sellers with great Realtors. They do a great deal of screening to ensure that their referral of a Realtor in their community treat all clients as you would treat your own family. They truly care about taking excellent care of you.
May 16, 2016
These guys are amazing. Incredibly helpful and most importantly - I trust them! I Highly recommend them.
May 12, 2016
Agent-Proof Me rocks!!! You can count on a Realtor referred to you to complete the transition with your best interest at heart. APM = Honest and Trustworthy.
July 23, 2016
My wife and I used Agent Proof Me to find a realtor to help us buy our first home. It was a smooth and painless process from Day 1. We've since referred two different friends to Agent Proof Me and they both experienced similar results. Will definitely use this service again and continue to refer.
March 24, 2016
- Maha At
June 10, 2016
Finally a COMPANY that CARES....And TREATS you like FAMILY.....Who does that??? APM does!!!....YOU ROCK!!!!
May 7, 2016
I want to let Gary Glidden know how grateful we are that he connected us with Janet Pelltier for the sale of our home in Richmond Hill, Ontario. Based on how easy it was to develop a relationship with Janet, Gary did his homework; he cleared thought about our needs and determined the fit that would make for a smooth transaction. Though there were some bumps in the road (there always are), the information and advice that we received was amazing. In those moments that I felt anxious or concerned; there was a phone call, email or text that calmed my mind and allowed me to determine best next steps when information was shared. Lets face, we don't know what we don't know and rely on the expertise and experiences of others. Janet P and Gary G...awesome professionals that walk you through the real estate maze. We will be forever grateful
September 2, 2017